Responsibilities of Trustees include:
- Attend all meetings necessary for the effective functioning of the Foundation. Board meetings generally are held monthly Committee meetings are scheduled at the convenience of members.
- Cultivate and solicit prospects for charitable giving within the mission and goals established by the Board of Trustees. Ask others to give!
- Accept positions of responsibility in the work of the Foundation. The Board of Trustees will have responsibility for chairing the different committees set up to attract charitable giving.
- Contribute meaningfully to the business at hand.
- Use personal or professional knowledge in support of Foundation programs and to advise the chairman on such matters where specialized knowledge is pertinent.
- Serve actively as ambassadors of good will for the Foundation and carry the Foundation message to groups and individuals.
- Assist in the enlistment of volunteer leadership necessary to carry out the work of the Foundation.
- Assist in the evaluation and coordination of projects and programs of the Foundation.
- Act as a “community sounding board” for problems which could positively or negatively effect the Foundation.
- Model exemplary giving in time, energy and resources.
- Ask others to give.
Volunteer for an Event
Not interested in making the commitment of being a Trustee, but still want to be involved? The Foundation for Excellence welcomes volunteers to assist in planning and promoting its fundraising and programming efforts. Individuals interested in volunteering should contact Tom Hernandez, Director of Community Relations at 815. 577.4008 or by email.
Assistance is needed in many areas including
- Data entry
- Soliciting goods and services for the auction
- Picking-up auction items from donors
- Arranging auction item displays and basket
Make a Donation
The Foundation for Excellence appreciates the support of our generous community! To make a donation, please make checks payable to Foundation for Excellence and mail to: